Waterbury Workers' Compensation Attorney
Workers' Compensation in Connecticut
An injury in the workplace is more than an unfortunate incident, facing medical bills and lost wages can place you and your family under tremendous financial strain. When you have been injured at work, you need an experienced Waterbury personal injury lawyer standing by your side aggressively protecting your rights and your future. Under Connecticut General Statutes, injured workers have the rights to wage replacement, medical expenses, and other benefits. The Law Office of Thomas L. Brayton, III has been standing up for the rights of injured workers for more than 22 years and may be able to help you with your workers' compensation claim. Whether you are physically injured or if you have become ill due to your workplace, you may be eligible for benefits. Some of the rules governing workers' compensation in Connecticut are:
- Almost all employees are covered including minors, part-time workers and non-citizens. The type of job, size of the business, how long you have worked for the employer or how many hours you work per day cannot disqualify you.
- Connecticut workers' compensation is a no-fault system meaning that injured workers are entitled to benefits even if the accident was your fault.
- The laws in place dictate that workers that have been injured on the job or suffer from an occupational disease are entitled to necessary medical treatment, weekly benefits, vocational rehabilitation along with additional benefits for permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Your benefits cannot be signed away.
- You may be denied benefits if your injury or illness resulted from substance abuse.
Workers' compensation claims can be complicated matters but it is important that you understand your rights as an injured worker. My firm can help you understand your rights and your options when you have been injured at work.
Workers' Compensation Lawyer Serving Waterbury
Every day we go to our jobs and work hard to support ourselves and our family. Unfortunately, when we are injured at work many of us are left facing fear and uncertainty about how we will continue to support ourselves and our families. You do not have to face this battle alone. My law firm cares about clients and we will assist you in pursuing a successful workers' compensation claim so that you can focus on getting well and moving on past your injury.
I know that no two cases are the same and I work directly with my clients carefully listening to the specific circumstances of your accident. My experienced and talented firm is well-versed in workers' compensation law and procedures and you can trust that you are being tenaciously represented by an attorney that is devoted to effectively guiding you through the process.
Contact a Waterbury workers' compensation attorney from my firm to protect your rights when you have been injured at work.
My firm is proud to service the residents of Waterbury and the surrounding communities including: Washington, Litchfield County, Morris, Bethlehem, Roxbury, Southbury, Oxford, Beacon Falls, Oakville, Thomaston, Plymouth, Naugatuck, Wolcott, Prospect, Cheshire, Watertown, Southington, Middlebury and Woodbury.